Recently the gliding chair we bought started to squeak, not like a mouse but one of those really annoying loose-nail-in-the-floor-board squeaks, so with my handy-man abilities got the WD-40 and gave all the hinges a good lube. That is until I found the real reason for the noisy occurrence; one of the hinges rolled right through its bearing and ate away at the bare metal each time you rocked. The Glider was later disassembled and I brought it to the store and pointed to the receipt where it said "satisfaction guaranteed". So I chose the model I wanted and payed the extra for the upgrade... I soon realized this new chair was not going to fit in my compact car... hmmm.
Chanté did get her chair, but the fun is in how I got it home.
Here you can see I'm standing in front of a truck with window stickers and a Dealers license plate! Bwah ha ha! Yes, I went to the local used car lot and told the man I was looking for a truck. We gave it a test drive and and I told the man I needed to show the wife who is at home with the baby, and he let me take the truck. He even filled it with gas before I took it!
On my way home to "show the wife", I made a quick stop at the furniture store and picked up my rather large box I had purchased earlier, drove it home, delivered it, and on my way out the door asked if she liked the truck enough to buy. Before she could answer I had left and told the man the wife didn't like it. I thanked the man and left.


Nothing beats renting a truck without renting a truck.
12 comments:
Only you would think to do something like that!!! You are so funny!!!
Very clever! And congrats! Your baby is adorable!
That is genius! Almost makes me want to see if I could finagle my way into "renting" a truck or car. But I don't think I would have the courage.
Thats awesome! Very creative.
WOW! I'm speechless...but in awe as well. I bow down to you and your genius. I hope you guys are doing well!
That's awesome!
Hysterical. I'm proud of you.
Next time test drive a Ferrari, and come pick me up. I'm only 10 minutes away ... if you're driving a Ferrari.
You said you were going to and you did. Sounds like something Clint, Kevin, Tyler or Jesse would do!!!!!
typical Jake , doing what he does best.
Why am I not surprised!
That is the coolest idea I have heard in a long time!!! Good thinkin!
This is so freakin funny! I think Kollin might even try this sometime in the future now...lol. Good for you for getting creative without getting more expensive! ;)
Post a Comment