There's so much to do in DC but unfortunately, we are typically so busy with work and other endeavors that we don't get much time to go see the sights. So, last Saturday we decided that we would go see a museum since we had about 3 hours with nothing to do (that rarely happens). We went to the Natural History museum. It was so much fun. We only went through about 3 exhibits but it was very interesting. We first saw a bunch of artifacts and history about the people in what they called western civilization. Really it was stuff from the middle east about 3,000 years ago or older. We enjoyed it. They had mummies and everything! Even a mummified Buffalo. We then saw animals and insects which were interesting. They even had several live insects. That was my favorite part! Then last was the dinosaurs. We had our camera with us but didn't really pull it out until the end. Here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure.
I think we found Jake's long lost brother that he never new about.
This thing was one big chicken!!! Look at it's beak!
Isn't he handsome!
Jake was trying to look fierce like the dinosaur. Did it work?
Of course I had to have a picture in front of the gigantic elephant. :-)
2 comments:
I don't get what similarities people saw in me and the fish looking thing...
~Jake
Chante! I didn't know you live in D.C.!!! Jason and I were just there about a week ago! It is so beautiful there and SO much to do. We need to keep in touch :) Check out my blog sometime.
Noelle
Post a Comment